In front of us a new continent that remains to be discovered.
Few people have had the opportunity to know it because of the difficulties it presents, such as total darkness, humidity, narrow steps and slippery… The cave of Mendukilo has been conditioned to cope with this and facilitate access to all people to the bowels of Aralar.
The aim is to sensitize the visitor through knowledge. So, the autumn of 2005 was released the Mendukilo’s Underground Environmental Education Classroom. Once again, this year with renewed hopes, we want to present the programs for this school course.
Visits for the 2019-2020 school year.
-C.E and 1st cycle of P.S.
- With the help of students we know the cave through a short story about Mendukilo. 5€ per student. Duration: 2h.
- A visit based on mythology, an option to discover the with the help of a witch and a game of clues, ending the visit with a craft to take home. 6€ per student. Duration: 2h 30min.
- Prehistory: remembering our ancestors and working on their way of life, an unique option to know the cave and bring us a souvenir home with the realization of a craft. 8€ per student. Duration: 3h.
– 2nd and 3rd cycle of Primary School:
- In search of the treasure of Mendukilo, discovering the forest and the cave, unique opportunity to know the karst environment. 5€ per student. Duration: 2 h.
- Speleo-tour: Great opportunity to know the karstic environment. The cave by footbridge and simulating the most daring explorers, putting us helmet we can visit one of the unconditioned rooms. In small groups and maximum number of 50 students per day. 15 €-€25 per participant. Duration: 3h 30min.
– E.S.O. and Bachelor:
- Knowing the Exokarst and the Endokarst, visit of footbridge in Mendukilo accompanied by dynamic lights. €5 per student. Duration: 2h
- Speleo-tour: Great opportunity to know the karstic environment. The cave by footbridge and simulating the most daring explorers, putting us helmet on the head visit one of the unconditioned rooms. In small groups and maximum number of 50 students per day. 15 €-€25 per participant. Duration: 3h 30min.
- Visit to Mendukilo and mountain tour knowing the Exokarst to the springs of the Iribas village. 12€ per student. Maximum number of students 50. Duration: 4h.
Timetable: Tuesday-Friday. 10:00/14:00 (to make visits outside the timetable, please consult).
Didactic material after the visit
Primary School Sheets 1st cycle
Primary School Sheets 2nd and 3rd cycle
Compulsory Secondary School sheets 1st cycle
Compulsory Secondary School sheets 2nd y 3rd cycle